Tuesday, February 19, 2008

'East Anglia, isn't that abroad?'

I went to Norfolk at the weekend. It was Norfolking wonderful!

Anyway, onto the story.

I believe I saw one of the most stupid motorists ever on our return Sunday night.

We were driving down the M11 and passed a man walking toward us with a petrol can. The poor soul had run out of petrol and was obviously trying to find the nearest supply, petrol is very hard to find on motorways, thats why we have big signs telling us of upcoming service stations.

Anyway, we continued on our drive and about a mile down the motorway we passed his stricken car. The poor car, left without a drop of petrol in its tank.

I also noted that about 1.5 metres infront of his stricken car there was a massive blue motorway sign, a bit like this...

These signs basically let the public know that there is a service station dead ahead with food and petrol in. This one, like the one above was half a mile ahead.

I hope that man managed to find petrol in the oppostie direction, like I said, petrol is really hard to find on the motorway.

My thoughts are with his family.

No comments: