Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Rudy leaves!



I love autumn.

Infact I love every season. But, I love autumn.

The frosty mornings.

The cold evenings.

Seeing yourself breathing.

The crisp blue sky.

Kicking your way through piles of burnt orange leaves.

Oh, no no no Richard, not in Surbiton '2nd only to New York as the place to be seen this autumn'.

The council have taken upon themselves to clear up all the leaves more or less as they fall.

Now, I pay my council tax, and am very happy that they are spending money cleaning up where I live, but don't take the leaves.

The place looks odd.

The trees are naked, as are the pavements.

It doesn't feel autumnal.

Will they take the snow in winter, remove the daff's in spring. I can see the sign welcoming you to Surbiton.

'Welcome to Surbiton. Keeping the season a secret'.

Ken from Kingston council, if you are reading this, please stop taking our leaves, they are happy in Surbiton '2nd only to New York as the place to be seen this autumn' keeping hedgehogs warm and dry.

Perhaps leaves are big on the black market and these people are leaf rustlers thieving our quality leaves.

That's me done.

No comments: