Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ante Meridiem and Post Meridiem.


Why do digital watches and mobiles feel they have to tell you it is AM and PM?

Unless you live in a sealed room you can tell which 5.56 it is by the time of day, or indeed where you are and what you are doing.

If I am asleep at 5.56 I would know it is in the morning, AM.

If I am about to leave work, I would know it is the evening, PM.

If you are going to be using alarms and things then use the 24hr functionality, but watches, mobiles and computers, I am cleverer than you (that's debatable) and I don't need you to be telling me it is AM or PM.

Just back off.

P.S. Do you know why all watches are always 10 past 10 - or Argos o'clock as i call it, when displayed? It is becasue it looks like a smile. You can also use 10 to 2.

No comments: