Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Trek off!


I went on my first trekking expedition, yes I think we could call it that, over the weekend and my how I enjoyed it.

Myself and 2 other budding explorers, Mr Bonnington and Mr Hillary set off into the shadows of Snowdonia to conquer one of its many peaks.

With tents, food and unfortunately no insect repellent we took on Cader Idirs, a 3000 foot mountain laying south of Snowdon itself, and might I say we conquered. It really was the most amazing 24 hours period.

It was so amazing knowing you had everything you needed to survive whatever the weather, and in true Himalayan style, we even stopped for a cup of tea before taking on the main summit.

The downside to the entire event was that I have been bitten over 100 times, most are on my head so people probably think I have some disease. I have got through a big tube of Savlon in the last 12 hours.

Anyway, get out there, do it.

Trekking is the best thing I have done for ages! Loved every minute of it and can wait for the next assault.

No comments: