Friday, August 15, 2008

You big Wall-e!


Well, who'd of thought?

Last night, i openly paid 18 pounds for myself and the lovely girlfriend to go and watch a rom-com at the local picture house, it was my choice, and it was a good choice!

I happily sat for over an hour watching love blossom. It was splendid! I almost cried.

Anyway, pull yourself together fat boy!

Wall-e is awesome!

Ok, it is a little love story, but you don't go for that, you go for everything else.

The animation is incredible, so so considered, very sophisticated, and so so imaginative.

The cinematography is astounding, you get a real feeling of scale, and some of the shots where copied from others films. (There is a bit when Eve pops a cap and it looks like a scene from Se7en).

The technology bits are totally awesome to! The girl (I think) called EVE (Extra-terrestrial Vegetation Evaluator) who big Wall-e falls for is straight out of the Bang & Olufsen catalogue of 2043, although she does look more like a well posh Apple computer. What she can do and how she moves is just awesome. And like i mentioned she has a massive gun!! Oh yes!!

It is just magic at every level. The insight into how humans will turn out is brilliant too.

All in all you should really go and see this on the big screen. I bet you could see this 4 or 5 times and pick up so much more. They must have hidden so many little bits in their.

At one point Wall-e gets rebooted and it is the sound of an old Mac Classic starting up. I laughed out load, as did another bloke. I felt sorry for him, i am sure he felt sorry for me.

Anyway, go and see it.

Next stop, 'P.S I Love You'

Goodbight.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hidden so many little bits in their what? :p