Monday, August 4, 2008

Make your own Gondry video.

I was on the train he other day. Infact, I was on one of them Virgin trains that banks when it goes around corners. It was amazing! It feels like you are in a Snow Speeder and you are racing toward the AT-AT's.

Anyway, I was looking out the window and thinking of the Michel Gondry video that he did for the Chemical Brothers.

If you know the video I am talking about you will know that the train track works like a timeline for a music track, in that whenever you see something appear on the right, it coincides with a beat or sound.

Now, watch this clip I shot...

...and put on some music. Perhaps a bit of trance, maybe some house, even some pop. Anything with a beat seems to work. Don't forget to turn the sound down on this clip.

There, you now have your very own Gondry video.

I don’t think the Gondry one is computer generated after all, I think he just found a piece of track with lots of things at the side of the track, and left the rest to the viewers imagination.

I’m done, off I go.

No comments: