Thursday, May 15, 2008

Get in cider and drink!


Please, listen, I have something to say!

I do realise that generally I talk an awful lot of nonsense, but please, stay seated and listen.

Last night, last night, I found something incredibly special.

A one off.

An original.

A something so special that that something should be bottled, with apples, and sugar.

For I found, A Cider Bar. I think.

A bar, pub, that serves no less than 13 different brews of fermented apple happiness.

We arrived, if I remember correctly, and drank some cider, 7.3%? Perhaps.

We drank some more. Perry? Pair cider? Maybe.

We then started to chat to the manager........I think.

He then, I’m sure, gave us a sample of each of the ciders, I think. Jake? I'm sure that was his name. Jade? No, girls name, he was a boy, yes, a boy, sure he was.

It was a delight. He feed us each one and you could properly tell the difference, couldn't you? I think so?.

Anyway, i'm pretty certain it was just off Great Titchfiled Street. Somewhere around there. The Green Man! Was the pub, I don't think I was that far gone.

Please, make your way there. I'll come. Drink cider. Chat to Jake? Probably.

5 comments:

Nick said...

is this the one?
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/21/2177/Green_Man/Fitzrovia

All Hale said...

Thats the one!

Green Man everyone!

clive said...

Are you sure, the Hale?

We used to go to the Green Man a lot during the Dare days, and it never had 13 types of cider. I would have noticed!

Please to verify, thankings!

--c.

Francis said...

Definitely right:
http://stonch.blogspot.com/2008/01/much-cider-in-fitzrovia.html

They've re-branded!

Unknown said...

We went out for a tech meeting this lunchtime and I looked up and do you know what I saw? 13 ciders on a board. What are the chances? I went for the Weston Traditional Perry (only 4.5%, not the Weston Mature which is over the 7%).

Delightful :o)