Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Alas..ka..ka..ka!


I went to see 'Into the wild' last night.

Not sure if you have heard about it, but it is a true story about this chap who 'A grades' college and turns down Harvard to hitch hike across America.

He basically hated everything about society, especially his parent, so cuts up his bank cards, gives his college fund to Oxfam, burns his social security info and basically hikes to Alaska with some clothes and a tent, oh, and a gun.

Anyway, I don't want to give it all away, but I highly recommended that you go and see it as his story is amazingly told, beautifully put together, sensationally shot, and makes you question it all (that last bit was the sort of cack Johnny Ross would write).

Very very much worth a look.

Well done Sean Penn, I hope one day I meet your children Fountain (aged 5) and Parker (aged 9 and a bit).

No comments: